Thursday, June 16, 2011

90041 Handmade


I love Eagle Rock! This small town community is a (almost) hidden treasure in Northeast Los Angeles (NELA). I'm proud to say that I live here, own a shop/gallery (Leanna Lin's Wonderland) + support locally (from restaurants/bars, boutiques, salons & coffee shops). Small business are what make this city unique & interesting *-*

So when local resident + customer, Sheryl of Two Plums Paper, asked me to be a part of the 90041 Handmade local event I was excited to be a part of the community! This is a family friendly event and I had the most fun seeing the creations made by the kids. There were also handmade jewelry + clothing designers, a tarot card reader, kiss the frenchie fund raiser, homemade pies by Cutie Pies + more! Local business, Purple Twig, also had a table where you can make octopus kites! I sold Leanna Lin Jewelry + created beaded bracelets with the kiddos! Check out the photos below *-*

90041 Handmade (corner of Colorado Blvd. & Mnt. Helena)
my table with Leanna Lin Jewelry
color coordinating beads to create her bracelet
sweet creation with iridescent butterflies + hearts
she found a dog bead *-*
owner, Samara of Purple Twig at her creation table
Purple Twig octopus kites
I love these hair pins that she made with beads she got from my shop! I had to buy a few *-*
Clay creations
handmade cards
handmade creatures
handmade animals by ZAZU Faure
I love these girls dresses repurposed from shirts by House of Riddles

Kiss the frenchie with all proceeds going to a frenchdog rescue

1 comment:

  1. Leanna's Wonderland is our new favorite store in Eagle Rock! A fantastic collection of Los Angeles based artists creations, vintage findings, beads and baubles galore. We were so happy to have the talented Leanna at 90041 Handmade. I look forward to many craft nights at her Wonderland shop in the fall.

    ReplyDelete